The Shining board game
Regular price $24.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
About this item
- HORROR GAME BASED ON THE CLASSIC FILM: Players have been hired as the winter caretakers of the Overlook Hotel, spending four months isolated in the Rock Mountains. The hotel holds secrets and a hidden power that looks to turn the players on each other. Do they have the willpower to survive or will they become another chapter in the sad history of the Overlook?
- SUSPENSEFUL STRATEGY BOARD GAME: Players move around the hotel collecting willpower tokens in an effort to overcome the horrific visions they see. If their will is strong enough, they will make it to another month. If the visions become too much, they may turn on other players and attack.
- COOPERATIVE GAME WITH A TWIST: Caretakers work as a team to survive the winter. Those who fail to withstand the evil influences become temporarily Possessed, attacking and possibly even killing other players. One player takes the role of the Corrupted, who secretly acts against the other players.
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: With multiple rounds of complex gameplay and elements of deception and terror, no two games are ever the same. For a bigger challenge, players can try to survive an extra month or play with a Corrupted variant to add a hidden traitor.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This board game for adults and teens can be played with 3 to 5 players and is suitable for ages 17 and older. The average playtime is 45 to 60 minutes.